Failure to signal when driving a motor vehicle in Nevada can result in a traffic ticket which carries the penalties of a fine and demerit points. Whether in Las Vegas or some other area within the state, drivers must use the appropriate signal before making a turn or changing lanes. Drivers who fail to do so can be charged with a misdemeanor moving violation. With the assistance of a qualified attorney, a failure to signal charge may be dismissed or at least reduced to a non-moving violation, which will prevent the DMV from issuing demerit points against your driver’s license.
Can I Get a Traffic Ticket in Las Vegas, Nevada for Failure to Signal?
You might know them as blinkers or indicator lights, but turn signals must be used any time you make a turn or change lanes in Las Vegas and other regions across the state of Nevada. Whether you are in a business district, residential area, or wide-open highway, these rules must be followed.
When you are in a residential or business district, at least 100 feet prior to turning or changing lanes you must use your turn signal. If you are on the highway or open road area, you must activate your blinkers at least 300 feet prior to changing lanes or turning off of the road. Drivers changing lanes or turning must be sure that it is safe to do so. When pedestrians may be impacted because you are turning or changing lanes, you are required to honk your horn to notify potential pedestrians of your intent. Drivers must also use appropriate signals when slowing down or stopping abruptly to give other drivers enough notice to prevent a collision.
Continue reading the full article “Failure to Signal Traffic Violation Ticket Las Vegas, Nevada” on FixYourTickets.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Learn more about Attorney Bennair Bateman – Abogado Benito
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney Bennair Bateman 702-605-0505. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Traffic Warrant Attorney
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our attorneys to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Las Vegas Attorneys to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Las Vegas Improper Turn Traffic Tickets
- Nevada Failing to Stop for a School Bus
- Las Vegas Carpool Lane Violations
- Illegal U-turn Traffic Ticket in Nevada
- Las Vegas Reckless Driving Laws and Penalties
- Hit & Run Laws, Penalties, and Obligations in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk
- Las Vegas Failure to Signal Traffic Ticket
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- Violaciones del carril de Carpool en Las Vegas
- Giro en U Ilegal en Las Vegas
- Conducción Imprudente y Sanciones en Las Vegas
- Obligaciones, Leyes y Penalidades de Pega y Corre
- No dar paso a los peatones de cruce de peatones
- Fallo en señalar la multa de infracción de tráfico
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja en Las Vegas
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- DUI Multas y Sanciones en Las Vegas
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano