Las Vegas Cell Phone Laws
In Nevada, it is illegal to use a hand-held cell phone, device or to engage in texting while driving. Hand-held cell phone and texting laws were approved in 2011. The laws began on January 1, 2012, to help prevent driving distractions. Texting and the use of cell phones and other hand-held devices were all included in the laws.
Nevada’s Driving With Hand-held Cell Phone Use Laws
Across the nation, distractions cause accidents that result in millions of injuries. In addition, distracted driving caused 3,500 deaths just in the year 2012 alone. Statistics show that drivers who are on the phone are four times more likely to be in an accident. Because of the distraction of talking or texting, Nevada has created these laws making it illegal to use hand-held electronic devices while driving.
Las Vegas Distracted Driving Attorney
Offenses, Fines, and Points
Your first offense will not be a moving violation, and you will need to pay a fine of $50. A second offense in a seven-year period is a moving violation and will result in a fine of $100. You will also receive 4 demerit points against your driver’s license. The third and any subsequent offenses will consist of a $250 fine and 4 demerit points. Fines can double if any violation occurs in a work zone. The courts retain an option to tack on additional administrative fees.
Las Vegas Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer
Las Vegas Cell Phone Laws are clear and Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas can help you fix your tickets permanently as you need them to because any ticket winds up on your permanent record. Using a cell phone while driving is always a ticket in Nevada as it is illegal to use a hand-held phone/device or to text while driving. Texting laws were approved in 2011 and have been on the books since then according to Las Vegas Traffic Ticket fixer.
Las Vegas Cell Phone Laws
The anti-cell phone and text law began on January 1st, 2012 to help prevent distractions, says Ticket Fixer Las Vegas. Staying on the phone is four times more likely to cause an accident, says Vegas Ticket Fix. Rely on Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas to fix your problem. A first offense of the Nevada texting and talking on the phone laws is not a moving violation but a fine of $50 instead. Then, a second offense becomes a moving violation requiring one to pay a fine of $100 with four demerit points against your license.
North Las Vegas Municipal Court
A third offense will be a $250 fine with four demerit points with fines doubling in work zones, according to Las Vegas Cell Phone Laws. Courts retain an option to use administrative fees. A Legal cell phone use involves using a hands-free set with an accessory attached to your cell phone, according to North Las Vegas Municipal Court Guidelines. Get your Las Vegas Traffic Ticket reduced at North Las Vegas Municipal Court. Pay attention to Las Vegas Cell Phone Laws that include making sure you do not use your hands while on the phone. You can use your hands to turn on, off, or initiate a function on your phone while using it. Using voice operated systems is alright. Las Vegas Cell Phone Laws do not apply to amateur radio operators with licenses to use their radio. The necessity of new cell phone laws does not allow for the use of hands because the law feels a driver must pay attention to the road. Those using two-way radio requires someone with a license not using their hands.
Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas
Go for the Vegas Ticket Fix with Traffic Lawyer Las Vegas. Use Ticket Fixer Las Vegas to fix your ticket now.
Continue reading the full article “Nevada’s Driving With Hand-held Cell Phone Use Laws” on FixYourTickets.com
You can also find more information about “Driving while using a cell phone in Nevada” on Avvo.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Nevada Cell Phone Law
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney Bennair Bateman 702-747-4444. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Traffic Warrant Attorney Las Vegas
Traffic Warrant Attorney Las Vegas
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our Traffic Warrant Attorney Las Vegas to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Attorney to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
DUI Lawyer Las Vegas
DUI Lawyer Las Vegas, Nevada
If you have been pulled over and arrested for a DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada and you would like to speak with a DUI Lawyer Las Vegas call 702-747-4444. Our Las Vegas DUI Attorneys can help with all DUI cases including Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription drug, and Illegal Narcotics.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Las Vegas Improper Turn Traffic Tickets
- Nevada Failing to Stop for a School Bus
- Las Vegas Carpool Lane Violations
- Illegal U-turn Traffic Ticket in Nevada
- Las Vegas Reckless Driving Laws and Penalties
- Hit & Run Laws, Penalties, and Obligations in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk
- Las Vegas Failure to Signal Traffic Ticket
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- Violaciones del carril de Carpool en Las Vegas
- Giro en U Ilegal en Las Vegas
- Conducción Imprudente y Sanciones en Las Vegas
- Obligaciones, Leyes y Penalidades de Pega y Corre
- No dar paso a los peatones de cruce de peatones
- Fallo en señalar la multa de infracción de tráfico
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja en Las Vegas
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- DUI Multas y Sanciones en Las Vegas
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano