Like most states, Nevada has strict “Hit & Run” laws to prevent drivers from leaving the scene of an accident before exchanging information and rendering aid to injured individuals. Even if the resultant collision was not your fault, you could face hit & run charges if you leave the scene of a car accident unless you first exchange information, render aid to anyone with bodily injury, and wait for a police officer to arrive and file an accident report for any property damage that was sustained by either party as required by law. You should always wait until the police officer says that it is okay to leave. If there was only property damage involved and you leave the scene, you could face misdemeanor charges. However, if there was a death or bodily injury as a result of the car accident, you could be charged with a felony offense. Hit & run can be a very serious offense with potentially harsh consequences. If you are charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony, a criminal defense attorney can be a great source of assistance during this time.
Hit & Run Laws, Penalties, and Obligations in Las Vegas.
Continue reading the full article “Nevada’s “Hit & Run” Laws, Obligations, and Penalties” on FixYourTickets.com
Have you lost your ticket? Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Lookup
Do you need to fix your traffic ticket? Fight Las Vegas Traffic Ticket
Do you have past due, unpaid tickets? Quash a traffic warrant
Or read our article about “Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada“
Common Moving Violations in Nevada
Attorney Bennair R. Bateman – Abogado Benito
Grew up in Dallas, Texas and graduated from Hillcrest High School where he played football. He also lived for four and a half years in South America where he learned to speak Spanish fluently. He graduated from BYU with a degree in Political Science. Afterward, he worked on several political campaigns and worked for a non-profit educational foundation in the Washington DC area. After a while, he attended the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. During his time in law school, he was a member of the Society of Advocates (Boyd Law’s moot court team) and served on its executive board. After law school worked at several prestigious law firms in Las Vegas before opening his own law office in February 2015.
Learn more about Attorney Bennair Bateman – Abogado Benito
FREE consultation for traffic fines
Have you received a traffic citation in Nevada? Our attorneys at Fix Your Tickets can help you reduce or even discard your tickets. For a FREE consultation, contact Traffic Ticket Attorney Las Vegas Bennair Bateman 702-747-4444. In many cases, we can reduce your traffic tickets to a minor violation or dismiss them without the need for traffic school. Also, with the benefit of zero demerit points on your driving record.
Las Vegas Warrant Attorney
If you need assistance with any type of warrant including Bench Warrant, Outstanding Warrant, Arrest Warrant, Search Warrant, or Traffic Warrant contact our Las Vegas Warrant Attorney to see if we can quash the warrant.
Do you need to speak with a traffic accident lawyer?
Have you suffered an injury due to a traffic accident in Nevada? If so, you may be due damages. Contact our Las Vegas Attorneys to discuss your ability to win compensation to pay your lost earnings, loss of future wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering.
Las Vegas DUI Lawyer
If you have been pulled over and arrested for a DUI in Las Vegas, Nevada and you would like to speak with a Las Vegas DUI Lawyer call 702-747-4444. Our Las Vegas DUI Attorneys can help with all DUI cases including Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription drug, and Illegal Narcotics.
Fix Your Tickets
Las Vegas Attorney
Blog Posts in English
- Las Vegas Improper Turn Traffic Tickets
- Nevada Failing to Stop for a School Bus
- Las Vegas Carpool Lane Violations
- Illegal U-turn Traffic Ticket in Nevada
- Las Vegas Reckless Driving Laws and Penalties
- Hit & Run Laws, Penalties, and Obligations in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Failing to Yield to Pedestrians at a Crosswalk
- Las Vegas Failure to Signal Traffic Ticket
- Nevada’s Running a Red Light Traffic Laws
- Nevada’s DUI Fines and Penalties (1st, 2nd and 3rd Offenses)
- Nevada’s Driving Without Auto Insurance Laws
- Nevada Laws for Driving without Registration
- Quashing a warrant in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada’s Laws for Driving without a license
- Nevada Speeding Ticket Laws and Fines
- Las Vegas, Nevada Seat Belt Ticket Laws
- Demerit Point System in the State of Nevada
- Driving While Using a Cell Phone: Nevada Laws
Blog Posts in Español
- Violaciones del carril de Carpool en Las Vegas
- Giro en U Ilegal en Las Vegas
- Conducción Imprudente y Sanciones en Las Vegas
- Obligaciones, Leyes y Penalidades de Pega y Corre
- No dar paso a los peatones de cruce de peatones
- Fallo en señalar la multa de infracción de tráfico
- Conduciendo a través de una luz roja en Las Vegas
- Conducir sin licencia en Las Vegas, Nevada
- DUI Multas y Sanciones en Las Vegas
- Conducir sin seguro de auto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Conducir sin registro en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cómo deshacerse de una orden de arresto en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Exceso de Velocidad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Multa de Cinturón de Seguridad en Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sistema de punto Demerit de Nevada
- Conducir en Nevada: Las leyes de uso del teléfono celular de mano